Morning rituals have become a crucial part of my days. A little yoga flow, a slow breakfast, and burning some palo santo gets me in the right headspace every morning. However, it takes some time. So I’ve been working on prepping some make-ahead breakfasts to make my mornings go a little more smoothly. This baked skillet frittata was a success!
- 6 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 tbsp organic heavy cream
- 1/3 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/3 cup bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 handful of spinach, chopped
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1/8 cup shredded raw sharp cheddar
- salt & pepper
- ~1 tbsp of ghee for oiling skillet
- toppings (optional)
- Sir Kensington’s chipotle mayo
- dried dill
I have a strong inclination this would be even more delicious with some chicken sausage mixed in, so feel free to add meat/veggies of your choosing to mix it up!
How – to
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs well in a large bowl.
- Pour in the heavy cream and whisk vigorously.
- Add chopped mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, and shallot into eggs and mix.
- Add in cheese, along with a pinch of salt and pepper to your liking.
- Coat the inside of an 8-inch cast iron skillet with soft or melted original ghee. Fourth and Heart is my favorite, and they even have delicious varieties like California Garlic and White Truffle Salt, which would both be delicious in this recipe!
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and place in the oven for about 30 minutes. It will get super puffy!
- Let cool and cut into slices to serve, or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- I topped mine with avocado, chipotle mayo, and some dill for extra flavor. My next slice will be topped with plain yogurt and hot sauce. The possibilities are endless 😉